In this 3D modeling software series you will learn how to model organically with polygons in Maya. For this example, you will learn how to model a dolphin.
PART 1: we go over the beginning steps of modeling a dolphin with polygons. We cover how to split the model in half from the get-go, do some vertex modeling and face extrusions.
PART 2: we learn how to extrude the dorsal and side fins.
PART 3: Learn how to make the tail of our dolphin using the split edge ring (insert edge loop) tool
PART 4: Learn how to texture the dolphin using mapping tools and the Maya UV editor.
PART 5: The first way of making the tail seemed a little complicated, so here is another way of approaching the problem.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades