This tutorial shows you how to subscatter particles (SSS) across the surface of a mesh using Zbrush and Maya then rendering with Mental Ray. In part one uvs are added to the Zbrush head to support the textures on the sss node. Part two shows you the basic node setup in Maya. Part 3 covers painting and applying diffuse maps in Zbrush to Maya, part 4 covers painting and applying the the front sss color map, part 5 covers the mid sss color map, part 6 applies the bump map to the sss node and part 7 covers fine tuning the sss node in Maya. Some videos are in WMP instead of Flash if they are longer.
project files are located here:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades